Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Donna's Final Blog Post


Well, I want to thank you for your comments and for the opportunity to “blog”. A first for me! I continue my journey and have appreciated, and will continue to appreciate all of the fabulous support I have in my life. I have truly realized that this is a life journey. The food, exercise, self image, mind control, etc. is all part of it. It is a discovery of who I am today and who I want to be in the future. I am so appreciative of this journey and continue to learn each step of the way.

As this is my final blog for now (new month – new guest at The Magic Parties), I would like to leave you with a few thoughts. First, if you are contemplating a weight loss journey, believe in yourself and get the support and program you need to make it happen. I know you may have failed at it before but look at those failures as learning experiences – a speaker I heard once said something like, “Recognize that what your great success was, was how to gain weight and stay alive and involved in your life.” Now you can make a new success. Go easy on yourself. A more practical thought is to weigh yourself regularly. Don’t let your brain get in the way (or weigh J). Stay on top of things. Remember to set the boundaries and make clear requests of the people you love to support and to let you know (the way you ask them to) when things look as though they are a bit out of control. Lastly, don’t go it alone. Whatever your faith may be, call on your higher power, your Heavenly Father, to guide you and help you on this most important journey. He wants what is best for you as He has given you many gifts and talents. He wants you to love yourself enough to develop and embrace your many talents! God also wants us to ask for his help and guidance. I could not be on this journey without my Heavenly Father’s guidance and wisdom to keep me strong.

I would like to end with words from a song that my brother-in-law, Ron Iacopucci (Ronderosa.com) has written. I keep it posted on my computer and reflect on it daily. These words are “Make everyday a lifetime. Live for the moments that take your breath away.” May your life continue to be full of moments that take your breath away!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Donna, you are truly an inspiration. May this journey reveal many treasures along the way. May your heart be full. Remember to take time to celebrate your successes, and don't give up. YOu are totally powerful and I can't wait to see you reach your goal!

Alexandria said...

Hello Lovely Women I miss!

Donna, your series of blogs touch the heart and indeed inspire. I love the brevity and core message of the last blog. Viewing the progression was also illuminating.

Your picture with the circle of women shows the support your wrote about. Well done!! You look Mawvelous and happy! You are always so full of love and life, now you are this way is a smaller frame. I hope you love your body and self as we
all do.

Happy Summer to all. Sending this message while on vacation at Lake Tahoe!