Sunday, June 13, 2010

Donna's blog entry #2




I just returned from my wellness program. My program includes a meeting with a nurse, nutritionist, and doctor and then a class meeting with the rest of the group working toward wellness and weight management with me. The topic tonight was stress. How do we handle it in a more positive way instead of eating. The ideas were great and I especially loved an insight shared from a new friend in the program, Mary. She is seeing an “emotional eating” counselor. I spoke about my addiction to food and she stopped me and said that her counselor told her that in an effort to build a more healthy relationship with food, we should not refer to ourselves as addicts. Instead, we are passionate about food but are even more passionate about great health and wellness. I really liked that comment! Here is to my passion for health!!!

I had a great weight loss this week but was feeling a bit disappointed in myself around exercise. The nurse and nutritionist advised that I am doing great with the weight loss but the real key to keeping it off and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is regular exercise – planned and consistent. I know it and I am having such a hard time fitting it into an already very busy day! Two boys (11 & 13), full time job, husband, home, church activities, great friends, and sometimes just too much to fit in exercise!! I am setting my goal this week to do something exercise related at least 5 days this week. It is truly my weakness. I do not want to lose weight and then gain it back – I am done with fat and into healthy – so I really need advice and help to make exercise my regular thing!! Thanks for any thoughts you might have……

3 comments:

Kate Harper said...

I love the reframe from addict to passionate person!

I also love all the ways your passion shows up - you are busy because you are passionate. So I'm wondering is there a way to look at being busy a new way that makes exercise a natural part of all your passions?

Thanks Donna for being willing to be so open. You've got me thinking about my own passionate life and what is really important to me.

Anonymous said...

I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks